RE: [Harp-L] Recording yourself

> > I would like to record myself when practicing.  I reckon when you listen to
> > yourself while you're playing you might only hear what you want to hear, but
> > if you listen to a recording of yourself then you have no choice but to hear
> > what you actually played

I have a Zoom H4. Brace yourself! You hear every little glitch, every gasp, every little slip in rhythm. Listening back to myself is two things: absolutely essential, and the bane of my life. The hair-shirt man enough has yet to be invented...
But hearing your shortcomings and acknowledging that they're there, being your own worst critic, is halfway to fixing 'em. Another good thing to do is to let another experienced musician hear your recordings and give you their opinion.