[Harp-L] Acknowledging Chuck Gurney

       I usually stay away from identifying one harp related craftsman over another because  everyone I have worked with from Brad Harrison to John Kinder to Joe Spiers has served me well (I'm leaving out plenty of other names). One guy I would like to underline though is Chuck Gurney for his superlative mike and element work. I've had a lot of mikes with a lot of verve but the one I most consistently reach for is my yellow Turner with the "black-label" element. My relationship with the songwriting team Ashford (RIP) & Simpson has put me in front of or with everyone from the Beach Boys to Quincy Jones and Chuck's mike is the one my harps sing through! The man deserved a shout out. My best. d
facebook.com/yodennis.
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues