Re: [Harp-L] naming positions with Spiral tuning

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Yes, if your spiral is tuned to a C major scale, then you can call C the
> key of the harmonica.

OK. I will continue to name my spirals by the major scale they contain,
(Draw 2 thru Blow 6) even tho it FEELS like Second position (2P) habits.

Happily, this convention produces the same results on the Circle of Fifths:
Positions 1, 2, and 12 are Major; Positions 3, 4, 5 are minor.

Thanks Winslow. Glad you are on the list, and willing to 'splane it all!
<grin>

(Now, how can I get Seydel to rename Spirals??)

Robert Hale

Spiral Advocate

Learn Harmonica by Webcam

Low Rates, High Success