Re: [Harp-L] practical limit of tuning down

>    2. ...the lowest achieved by thinning the base (rivet-end) of the reed?
I retuned LowC to LowBb twice (whole tone down). First time I've made
some mistakes and had to replace some reeds, second time job was
perfect.

>    3. ...the lowest by combination of these two?
It also depends on reed thickness and the certain reed. Jim once
retuned reed by octave down without soldering but it were old
marineband with extra thick reeds. In general making reeds halftone up
ad wholetone down can be made without any problems. More retuning
usually (not always) leads to noticeably change in tone and responce.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru