[Harp-L] RE: Ashokan Farewell

Ashokan Farewell lays beautifully on a fourkey harp.
If you're really willing to consider special tunings, you can learn about fourkey harmonicas at
https://4keyharps.wordpress.com/
You can buy them from Seydel.
-Roger

I love Ashokan Farewell and am trying hard to nail every note using my D 364 but there are a few notes I cannot get.  I tried it in G, 2nd but that just didn't do it for me.  I will try it on my chromatics but I believe it just won't have that special sound this piece demands.  YouTube is scarce with harmonica playing this tune.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to master this tune without special tunings.  If special tunings are requires I may go so far as to go that route.  I really love the song.

-- Roger B. Myerson, Glen A. Lloyd Distinguished Service Professor Department of Economics, University of Chicago 1126 East 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637 Phone: 773-834-9071, Fax: 773-702-8490 http://home.uchicago.edu/~rmyerson/