[Harp-L] A deer hit me on my bicycle today and songs from it

I am an avid bicylce rider and pedal to work everyday bar snow/ice. I have a great commute. Our street dead ends onto a paved bike trail (former railroad line) and it takes me right to the front door of work. I have a great headlight that is near as strong as a car. I see deer everyday on the trail. Sometimes they just stand there and I have to ring my bell and hoot a bit and they run off. Rabbits run in front of me all the time. After a wind storm there is usually trees down on the trail. But today took the cake. I was pedaling along at 15mph and a deer came from my left and crashed right into my hip. We locked up and the bike and me went down on top of the deer. The deer was thrashing as I lay on it and the bike on me. We were eye to eye. It was a very spiritual moment. I will never forget the feeling of that animal under me. I got up, he got up, we looked at each other. He trotted off into the woods and I got back to pedaling. No damage to me, the
 bike, or the deer. I think this was a once in a lifetime thing. What a way to start the week!

 Walter Tore creator of Spontobeat- all words and music spontaneously created in a real 1 man context.  Walter records over 300 cds a year and has been doing this for over 50 years worldwide.

hit by a deer on my bicycle
rather be on a country road
big city with guitar on my back

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137