Re: [Harp-L] The Singing Harp-Player?

Hey Robert,
Here's a few that are crowd pleaser's and vocally aren't real complex:
1. Got My Mojo Working - You can get the band members (and the crowd) to
yell out the call and response to the chrous
2. Low Rider - The back-line needs to be able to pull off that funky groove
that defines the song. This song can fall into some great jams too.
3. Hoochie Coochie Man - I call this one the "Harpolympics". Although
vocally simple, you have to be able to switch quickly between the stop time
signature lick to the vocal line and back.
Since this is an open mic type jam, if it is not realistic that the house
band know the grooves or break structure required for songs 2 and 3 then
consider these:
Born in Chicago
Highway 49
Shake Your Money Maker