Re: [Harp-L] Tongue-locating

I teach them all how to tongue block! Robert was a great teacher to me and is a much more versatile player. However, I found personally, that it was more natural to me to tongue block and also because I all ever wanted to do well was play blues. That is still all I want to do. It took me about 2 years to complete the transition to tongue block but I am so glad I did.

Now when i have a student i give them the choice. I play them the opening lick to Little Walters Cant Hold Out Much Longer pucker version and then tongue block with slaps and octaves.

Then I say which one would they like to sound like?