Re: [Harp-L] Using valves on Hohner diatonics

Sjoeberg combs are a completely different animal with brass piping and venturi designs that require multiple CNC stages for one comb. I don't view him as cheating on me because I don't make something that complex (yet). They are $50+ each as well and most of my customers would probably not want to pay that. There are some people that love them, some that do not think they make a difference and not worth the money.

I actually do use Sjoeberg combs in some of my customs as a special treat when I can get them (which is hard to do). I view it similarly as if I wanted a brass comb. I would have no problem if Mike bought from Chris Reynolds because I'm not interested in making brass combs. I have purchased brass combs from Chris in the past and they were gorgeous, I dont think anyone can do a better job than him.

Tom, If you are practicing your comedic skills you may want to stick to the day job! = )