Re: [Harp-L] Undiscovered Talent Grant

On Oct 3, 2012, at 1:03 AM, David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe, that for every situation in life, there is an applicable Theodore Roosevelt quote.
> This one applies now:
> "Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster."

David,

What an inspiring post! I'm a big TR fan myself. (We could use a leader like that right about now.) I'm tired but not an oyster. Thank for the kick in the tuchas.

Don't get me wrong, the SPAH convention is amazing and the attendees wonderful. However, SPAH, both management and culturally, seems unwilling or unable to engage in meaningful self-reflection and adjust to the times.

Perhaps you are right. It's time for me to to leave SPAH to its self-prescribed niche and to create a new harmonica organization that is, in my opinion (and perhaps others) more reflective of the larger harmonica community and that more fully embraces the preserve and advance mission.

You are good man and a generous soul David Payne. I'd roll with you any time! Maybe others will as well?

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld