 From: Steve Baker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:13 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Who has used PT Gazell Valves on Hohner  harps?

Dave said:
That said, there's not really enough room inside any Hohner diatonic to comfortably valve with any valve.

Steve responds:
I half valved a number of original Hohner Meisterklasse 580 harps in the early 1990s using the then current Hohner chrom windsavers. I recorded a CD with British singer/songwriter Vic Abram using them. They worked fine and I still have a couple. The surviving examples compare favorably with the Big River Harp I half valved using PT's windsavers, though my harps were noticeably brighter in tone.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de