From: Steve Baker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mikefugazzi@xxxxxxxxx; Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 1, 2012 7:43 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Who has used PT Gazell Valves on Hohner harps?

Due to the smaller comb of the Marine Band, there isn't enough space between the end of the reed slot and the point where the end of the channel meets the reed plate on the inside of the instrument, to stick down a valve over the lower draw reeds. You could carve out a suitable notch in the surface of the comb to accomodate the end of the valve. I tried half valving a Big River Harp and it worked great. The larger size of the MS models means there is sufficient room for the end of the valve.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
http://www.european-music-workshops.com/
http://www.harmonica-masters.de/