Re: [Harp-L] 2 draw bend squeal!

My first guess is that the reed is slightly misaligned in the slot and it so it may be hitting the side of slot slightly when being stressed.

You can:

1) take the harmonica apart, put it on a light box and use a reed wrench to re-align it. However if it is an mb with nails, this is problematic because it may not go back together well after taking it apart.

2) Option two is to gently take the covers off and plink the reed with some kind of thin shim and see if it makes any kind of weird echo or thud sound. If yes, then you can run some thin shim stock along the sides of the reed and it may re-align it.

3) Option 3 send it back to hohner. They are pretty good about these kind of repairs.

All of the tools I mentioned can be purchased here including shim stock, reed wrench, lightbox etc.
http://www.hetrickharmonica.com/harmonicatools_s/1843.htm