Re: [Harp-L] The Shadowy World of Harmonica Deceit

It's pretty common to "hide" our toys from our spouses... no matter what your hobbies may be... harps, amps, mics, tools, firearms, airguns, knives, coins, stamps, model trains, archery, fishing, wood working, cars, motor cycles... it does not matter.

It's a matter of how you afford your purchases... I try to save cash whenever I get paid... and the bills are paid... to save up for my "toys"... always good to plan for retirement and kids college educations (OUCH!  529 plans are great if you can do it!).

I am pretty much a "low maintentance" person... its obvious when you look at my pile of clean weekly laundry compared to my wife's pile... so I know it costs less for me to live than my wife's... and my barber's bill is much less than my wife's hair-do bills !

The problem with "hiding" stuff, is hiding the value of this stuff, especially if you should be dead tomorrow, and your spouse has no idea what all your stuff is worth.

Harmonicas are probably not looked at having a high re-sale or investment value... its always a matter of knowing what something really is and its worth to others who would appreciate the item and know its worth and value.

Do you have a Harrison harmonica or two ?

Do you have a Whiscombe air rifle, that some would just call a "BB gun" ?

Everything you own will eventually go in the trash, garage sale, or estate sale... hopefully, end up as someone else's "treasure"... and not knowing the value of it will make it a remarkable treasure find or not... and may appear on an episode of "Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", or "Antique Road Show".

And I forgot about my music collection of LP's, CD's, and MP3's on my iPod !!

Ken H in OH