Re: [Harp-L] mic. advice

You're right that it would be difficult to make one counterfeit mic, but it
would be relatively easy to make thousands. The mics are sold as new but
they probably eventually enter the used market, perhaps innocently on the
part of the original buyer.

Google "counterfeit Shure" for much more information.