Re: [Harp-L] Classical Sub30

Am 14.11.2012 18:09, schrieb David Fairweather:
Have you all heard this?  I think its great.  Best I've heard on a Sub30.
  I can't imagine this piece sounding this good with overblows or valved
bends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du33p0jOsY4&feature=colike

Hallo,

I don`t know if this sounds better than played with overblows or valved bends. I think it is too obvious when bended note are played, you can notice this immediately, and that`s the problem. Like proved with the Ode to Joy challenge there are limitations for the diatonic harmonica. You can play everything - but can you play musically correct?

The older I get and the more I listen to all those attempts I am coming more and more to the conclusion, that some musical styles don`t fit for the diatonic harmonica. In many cases the chromatic harmonica is the better instrument.

Greetings,

Otto