[Harp-L] Re: Triple reed lo D Auto Valve

Brendan Power wrote:
QUOTE I'm enjoying this thread. Harp-L is still the premier list for
intelligent
harmonica discussion, despite its somewhat archaic lack of bells and
whistles. For example, I'd love to post an MP3 to illustrate a point, but
there is no way. Or perhaps the lack of bells and whistles is what keeps
Harp-L on a higher level than the plethora of other groups, which tend to
get overloaded with videos and advertisements rather than illuminating chat.
I guess it's good to have both typeUNQUOTE

One of my many music e-mail lists, Flatpick-L, recently augmented the
e-mails with a Facebook page for the very reason that you can post photos,
show flyers, vids, etc., there. As a result, traffic on the e-mail list has
slowed WAY down, at least initially, and the FB page is way busy ...
Comando, which used to be an e-mail list for mandolin players, went to a
Web forum and now has a very active Facebook page. Perhaps food for thought
... archiving the stuff in any meaningful way, e.g. by topic, may be an
issue ...

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA