[Harp-L] Re: Wim Dijkgraaf - ReverbNation (Randy Singer)

Randy Singer wrote:

"i think wim is one of the most underrated and unappreciated musical harmonica players we have. Check his artistry here. He oozes musicality. So enjoyable........exquisite tone and sonic joy....he just HAPPENS to play the harmonica."  http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/15116238

Thanks Randy for the kind words!!!

Well ... things can always change for the better or the worse ... we'll see. Personally, I don't feel underrated nor unappreciated at all. From the reviews I receive and the concerts I do here in São Paulo and in Europe I get fantastic feedback which tells me I'm on the right track.

Maybe because I'm just doing what the universe tells me to do ... things develop slower than one might expect. But, I simply can't do commercial stuff that sells better and that only other people love to listen to except me. Maybe that has a short term effect on the popularity of my music but I believe in what I do. I believe that will pay off on the longer term. Who knows. With the things I do now I'll at least die in peace with my musical self which for me is the most important thing in life :-)

I like your words "he just HAPPENS to play the harmonica". That's exactly how I feel about the harmonica. I don't really love the harmonica and don't listen often to harmonica music. I simply love specific music because of the quality of the music itself and never because of the instrument. So, to me it seems that I just happened to play the harmonica. Could easily have been another instrument but over time I discovered that the physical aspect of harmonica fits better to me than other instruments I tried like the organ, clarinet and slide trombone.

Anyway Randy, thanks a lot for mentioning me and I'm looking forward to that adventurous musical future ahead of us!

Kind regards to all of you,

Wim Dijkgraaf
http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com