Re: [Harp-L] Cleaning harmonicas

On Nov 9, 2012, at 11:27 PM, bluesbent@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Generic denture cleanser tablets (regular not whitening):

Right, I use em. Reading this thread with interest. This is story #83 on the constantly reoccurring stream of stories. I have to chuckle at all the messages. Why do people have such a klepto over this cleaning thing? They can fry ice cream. So why worry about using caustic chemicals? Just use them for a split second. Like fried ice cream. They also make faucets. So rinse everything really good.

If you don't like an after taste, try flavoring your harps. Drop a small amount of flavoring (coconut, lime, anise, vanilla, eucalyptus, menthol, etc) in the chamber ends of the harp. That's what I do. I also use 150 proof vodka. You can't get it. You have to mix 100 proof equally with pure grain.

Conclusion? Don't play dirty harps. There's no excuse for it.
smo-joe