Re: [Harp-L] opinions? also, how does one not know when one is playing in the wrong key?

I think there are four reasons for playing out of key:
1.  You only have one harp and want to join in so much you do not care.
2.  You do not listen while you play.
3.  You really are a bit tone deaf.
4.  You hear music differently than most and what sounds  off key to most
people does not bother you or even creates enjoyment for you.
5.  You are intentionally playing off key to make an artistic statement.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com