Subject: Re: [Harp-L] gussing, bad behaviour, and lack of respect for others

I'm with you, James. It's not only about etiquette and taste, it's about
plain RESPECT (Aretha's R-e-s-p-e-c-t)<G>. If you don't have any for  the
player/vocalist/band onstage, then don't expect it back when it's YOUR turn  up
there. I'm quite sure those of you who think you're 'all that' are the
first  ones to pitch a fit at Gus when he's interrupting your own show, good or
not,  on-key or not.

Rosco, Grant and James have my vote. It's purely bad behaviour  and
shouldn't be tolerated at all. Has nothing to do with being judgmental  and
'casting the first stone' and everything to do  with self-respect and simple good
manners.

Then harp players complain bitterly when other musicians  don't take them
seriously AS musicians?

Elizabeth--planning to bring my keyboard to the next show I attend now
that some here think Gussing's cool. Hey, I'll PLAY in key! ;)

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 18:34:53 -0800
From: "James D  Hoskins" <jameshoskinz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] gussing, bad  behaviour, and lack of respect for
others
To: "harp-l"  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

This subject keeps coming back around to skill  levels and being in key,
but
I don't see any relevance there, it's all about  etiquette in my mind.
Arrogance and rudeness are still what they are even if  you have godlike
skills, people may be more tolerant but that doesn't make  it good form. It
just means you've gotten away with it, you still look like  as ass to most
of
us, there's just fewer speaking up. So if one decides to  justify bad
behavior with "I play well and I'm in key" then I hope someone  does pitch
stone in your direction.
James D never gussed  Hoskins