Re: [Harp-L] Innapropriate palying

From: James D Hoskins <jameshoskinz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>; mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Innapropriate palying

I have a friend who lives near me that is a truly great harmonica player, those of you that have attended SPAH and been around for years would know him. I have been told by many common friends that he, as an enthusiastic young player, gussed and actually pushed his way on stage with big name and locals alike many many times long before he even was a very good player. He is a forceful personality and quite a character. We hung out for a while a few years ago, went out listening to our favorite locals, spent an evening with Billy Branch, Mark Hummel, I saw him at a Hummel blow off a couple of years ago, have seen him at various local shows, but I have never seen him pull out a harp at anyone's gig until invited. He grew up, we all should. I admit the David Grisman story surprised me, but I wonder how he feels about that today.

James, I have no idea how Grisman would view that now, and wouldn't speculate on it. At the time he was already an experienced professional musician.
I have told that story many times, and I didn't consider it appropriate for that setting.

Glenn Weiser