From: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 7:30 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Innapropriate palying

While I note  and defer to the prevalence of opinion on this topic, to say that
the best musicians would never do such a thing ignores history. Here's how Franz
Joseph Hadyn got a gig with the choir at St Steven's cathedral in Vienna: A
soloist was onstage singing. Hadyn ran up on the stage, snatched the music out
of the guy's hand, and sang the part. That's worse than gussing. Hadyn was hired
o n the spot.
You have no way of knowing if any of the greats ever did or did not ever do such
a thing-that's just speculation. They were all human. That's not a defense of
gussing, but you can't make such pious assumptions.
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Glenn Weiser

End of Harp-L Digest, Vol 111, Issue 17