Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Inapproriate playing

Tom: What kills me about this story is that the girl who approached the
stage to have 'her friend' play, STILL let him keep on 'for a few more songs'
even after hearing Mark's announcement instead of being shamed into taking
it out of his hand or telling him off. How oblivious are people, anyway?
Grrrr.

That certainly was time for security (even a pretend security guy) to
escort the bozo out of the building since all the people  around him had most of
the show ruined by his inappropriate wailings.

THESE are the ones who give the instrument a bad name and cause  the groans
and rolling of eyes when you mention you play harmonica. Quite  frustrating
having to prove oneself over and over, even at a  non-pro level.

Elizabeth

"Message: 9

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:48:39 -0500
From: THOMAS FIACCO  <mx714@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have had my run ins with Gus- but this one  took the cake. I was at
Hummels Blowout in Troy,N,Y,- Glenn Weiser may chime in  on this one. On stage
were Hummel,James Harman, and Magic Dick. Some guy with a  red doo rag sitting
in the back had been playing along for a while-I mean A  WHILE- when Mark
had finally had enough. I think a girl came from the back and  approached the
stage to inquire if her Gus friend could come up on stage and  play!The guy
had one harp-I think an A harp-and was out of key for most of the  songs
that night. Mark steps to the mic and says "you in the back -put that harp
away. People paid money to hear us play tonight,not you. I wish Charlie
Musslewhite was here-he would shove that thing down your throat"-the guy
continued to playfor a few more songs,then passed out drunk."