From: "Grant Walters" <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:19:28 AM
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Inappropriate harmonica [long]

two more cents;
I have to agree with all the stories regarding gussingâ
and have my own regarding one such aggressive gent
who after blowing first position high notes all nightâ
regardless of key, from the back of the room and getting
fully lubricated âhe stormed the rather high stageâ
grabbing the mike stand as he barely made the wall (stage)

Still playing on my bullet I stepped forward and pressed my foot
in his chest and and he sank backwardsâ
This being a local bar ( one reserved for folks already with DUI's)
The crowd grabbed him and moved him toward the doorâ
in their own friendly wayâ
but up until he stormed the stage they had been encouraging him.

My bandmates were oblivious to it allâand wondered why
I was so shaken by itâ
Truth isâ.I heard every single note he played from 40 feet awayâ
with a loud band playing.
It threw me off and I hated itâ

But alas ..my pointâ
Every guy who ever broke my equipmentâ( happened last month âmusic stand got crushed )
or shattered a hand made harmonica case ( Koa wood)âgot tangled in the cordsâ
wanted to make an announcement right in the middle of a songâetc ..etcâ
Was someone who was enthusiastic about the music âcaught up in the moment so to speak.

So I always try to remember â
If you get to mad about thisâyou are just looking bad to your fansâ( sometimes..fan)
Cut them a little slack and they will keep buying booze and keeping the doors open.

One such gusserâsurprised me the other dayâ
He showed up and I cringed â( memory from 10 years ago)
and produced and nice harmonica case with all the keys and politely
told me he had gotten the Jerry Portnoy instructional CD I had suggested and studied itâ
I asked him if he would like to sit in and he declinedâ( was not drinking either)
we sat outside on the break and he showed me a thing or twoâ.
Gus had gotten gameâ
who would have guessed.

Grant Walters ( the other Grant)