Fw: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: [Harp-L] Inapproriate playing

 ----- Original Message -----
From: James D Hoskins
To: Kevin Hamilton
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: [Harp-L] Inapproriate playing

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but I'll bite. Many musicians, not restricted to, but particularly jammers, and your (or at least most of ours) local bar bands think of harmonica players as less knowledgeable, less skilled, and generally a pain to deal with. Possibly even whackos. Many people in general view the instrument as a toy and not a serious instrument with which to make quality music. There are many examples unfortunately to support these theories and often truths among them. So all of this makes it tough for the exception to the rule, the harmonica player that actually knows music and the instrument, maybe has taste as to where his music fits and when we're lucky , understands etiquette and has his ego in check.  He now has to overcome all the groundwork the goofballs have laid.