RE: [Harp-L] Re: Customizing XB-40

Speaking of low-keyed XB40s, and while I've got you here, Rick ;-) I have a slight issue with 6-blow on my low D XB40 that has so far eluded my usual resourcefulness. If I play the note at moderate volume, all's well and good, but give it a bit more welly and the note starts to sound squawky and goes up slightly in pitch. The harp has been like it since new about four years ago. Like all the best surgeons I tend to go for the least invasive investigations first, but I think I need to get a bit more radical to solve this one...do I?
Cheers
Steve