Re: [Harp-L] Programming an RP55?

Ryan Hartt wrote:
<"Any tips on programming these things? I've goofed around with it a little and it doesn't seem too <intuitive.
<It doesn't have the USB like the higher models so buying Richard's patches is out."

If I'd been asked, I would have advised against an RP55, not only because it doesn't have USB, but because:
1) it doesn't have the latest AudioDNA chip version, which means the reverbs, amp models, and FX aren't up to the quality of the newer RPs;
2) It doesn't have the amp or cabinet models that are most useful for the RP; in particular, it's missing the Bassman, Champ, and Blackface deluxe amp models, which are my favorites for blues.

That said, I'd start with the Tweed Deluxe amp model and take it from there. It's the most harp-friendly amp model in the 55.

In general, when used RP150s and 155s are selling at Guitar Center for less than $50--in some cases much less, given that I got my 150 for $25 shipped--I really don't recommend the 55, 70, or 90.  You get a lot more with a used 150 than you get with any of the lower models, for the same money or less.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick