Re: [Harp-L] Programming an RP55?

"Any tips on programming these things? I've goofed around with it a little and it doesn't seem too intuitive.
It doesn't have the USB like the higher models so buying Richard's patches is out."

I'm sorta in the same boat as you. I have the RP90, so no USB access for me either.

My one piece of advice on programming yours...do your trial and error work plugging different effects to the presets on whatever amplifier or mixing board you're gonna be gigging it with.

I made that mistake the first time I programmed mine. I just did it through my little 10W solid state Marshall practice amp in my basement instead of running it through my Kalamazoo. It sounded completely different when I got onstage with the tube amp, and I had to scramble to adjust the levels so I got some semblance of what I had originally set up on it.

I will say this though...you can have a lot of fun doubling models and effects by running an RP through another modeling amp like a Peavey Vypyr or a Fender Mustang. Some serious psychadelic harp sounds can be achieved with an octaver, tremolo, and delay on the pedal, and then a second tremolo at a different depth and speed, and a boosted reverb on the amplifier.

                          Hawkeye Kane
                                                                                                 hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx
                                                                                                     Cell: (217)-741-7183
                                                                                                    www.hawkeyekane.com