Subject: [Harp-L] slider troubles

Well 'Cal', this has been covered dozens of times here and on Slidemeister
but at the risk of being repetitive, first: it depends on if it's a CX-12
or a  Seydel Deluxe. If it's a CX-12 there should be no 'roughness'. If there
is then  perhaps the edges of the single slide piece need a single pass
from the finest  grade steel wool or extra-fine grit sandpaper --followed by
thorough  cleaning to ensure no debris gets into the chromatic. Then it and
the shell  should be cleaned under warm running water (you can add a little
dishwashing  liquid) of course with the comb removed -  and dried thoroughly
before  reassembly.

IF a Seydel Deluxe, the entire Mouthpiece Assembly needs dismantling and
cleaning, with perhaps some honing/polishing along the lines of what you've
already been told. It could possibly require gasketing. If nothing else
works  talk to a customizer if you can't do that part yourself.

Both instruments require regular and routine cleaning.

Even a slightly bent mouthpiece slide can translate to 'roughness'.

Over-tightening of the MP screws can cause 'roughness' too.

Hohner's made videos with Steve Baker showing how to do all this
step-by-step.

You're welcome.

Elizabeth

"Message: 10