[Harp-L] Programming an RP55?

So I took the plunge and bought a used RP55 at Guitar Center over the weekend. $24.99 was worth a risk.
I am pleasantly surprised with the effects. It has everything that I wanted, reverbs, leslie, octave, but won't use often enough to warrant buying individual pedals.
Any tips on programming these things? I've goofed around with it a little and it doesn't seem too intuitive.
It doesn't have the USB like the higher models so buying Richard's patches is out.
Thanks
Ryan