[Harp-L] cross tuned chromatics

> Hi Jon -
>
> Just curious, did have the mic casing touching the harmonica when you recorded this?
>
> I don't hear those artifacts between notes when I record cross-tuned (or straight tuned). Not only that, but if you do the transition slowly on anything other than a CBH, you hear both notes when the slide is engaged half way -- IOW, the sound never stops when moving from one note to the next. So I'm puzzled as to what we are actually hearing on your recording and if it really has to do with cross-tuning or not. Perhaps if the mic is close enough, there is an effect caused by the air pressure switching decks?

nope, nothing touching anything with noise-making potential..... the sound is audible when playing live sitting right here, no mike , nothing...

It's as if my wife were sitting here, hiding behind me, making  a "pffft" sound every time I use the slide between notes, only on cross-tuned instruments, though....

But how would she know which is cross-tu.....Uh..........
oh, damn... THAT'S IT!!! Another wifely practical joke....

sorry, I should have thought of that long ago, never bothered to look behind me....

mystery solved, Slim... sorry for the confusion..