[Harp-L] cross tuned chromatics

anyone see any plus side to using cross tuned chromatics?

I've recorded tests of slow scales on cross and straight tuned chromatics, close miked...hand held, and there is always a sound between the notes with the cross tuned instruments.

The sound is really obvious on cx12's and on the cross tuned 64's...

perhaps, and this is what I suspect, but haven't tested,  it all washes out when it's not close miked.....

lots of music happens between the notes.....

hmmm...

I may have answered part of my question, in that the sound probably doesn't record when you get away from the mike (mic)