[Harp-L] Re: Harmonica For Dummies

Thanks, John.

We may have connected at a SPAH prior to 1997, but I definitely remember seeing you in Trossingen that year at the World Harmonica Festival. And weren't you the guy playing all the test harmonicas in the "beekeeper" hat and veil when Vern Smith did his first comb materials test in, what, 1995?

Harmonica For Dummies is doing well enough that the publisher decided to go for a second book, Blues Harmonica For Dummies, which will be released on August 12; it's already on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Blues-Harmonica-Dummies-Sports-Hobbies/dp/1118252691/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337911650&sr=8-2

http://www.dummies.com/store/product/Blues-Harmonica-For-Dummies.productCd-1118252691.html

Today I did the first of two recording sessions for the book's CD, with guitarist Rusty Zinn. Anyone who knows Rusty knows that he's first call when a blues harmonica player wants a guitarist who really understands how to accompany harmonica. (Though in recent years Rusty has gone deep into reggae, and a touch of that flavor may show up in some of the tracks . . .)

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation