Re: [Harp-L] Koch Chromatic

Again, it depends on what you want.

If you simply want a Richter chromatic that doesn't leak, try the Hering.
 I have one in C somewhere. But as I recall, it is fully valved, meaning there is no A in the first octave. Not quite chromatic. Also, while having the note layout of the Richter, it has none of the draw bending access of the Richter layout because the valves/windsavers get in the way. But it will blow bend just like the standard solo tuned chromatic.

Also, if anybody wants a new slideharp, order one from Seydel that they will build to order -- in any key, half-valved and you're good to go.

And just to complicate matters, there is the issue of just tuning and equal temperament. Typically,  Richter harps are just tuned with the exception of the Golden Melody and Lee Oskar and (?s) and the solo tuned chromatic is equal temperament.