Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 2012 Harmonica King of Brooklyn . . . and the winner is?

Thanks Smokey, but let's not get too carried away. All kudos to
Greta--she's a 'real' player. BTW I just found a small clip where she's  contending
with non-stop playing by 4 guitars in her band (The Freedom dogs of  Jupiter)
who give her the bare minimum of reduced noise space to play,  yet she
manages to get heard a bit here and there.

I'm a mere amateur who doesn't play out and you might give people the wrong
 idea. My family are commoners and content to be so since us Scots highly
disdain the very idea of Grand Dutchesses. That conjures up images of rich
old  ladies with big weird hats and miles of jewelry. I'd settle for being
considered  lady(like) in boots and jeans, haha.

...but you CAN still toss your coat across puddles for me as  I pass
nonetheless, Signore Conte di Leone. ;)

kidding!

Elizabeth

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 00:22:07 -0400
From: Joseph Leone  <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: 2012 Harmonica  King of Brooklyn . .
. and the winner is?
To: Trip  <trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Uhhhh, why not make her the queen of Queens. I  mean..like right NOW. After
all, Elizabeth is the Grand Duchess of Long  Island????

On May 20, 2012, at 7:59 PM, Trip wrote:

> Yep, and  she played beautifully, had sweet tone, tongue blocked and was
super musical.  She grew up in Chicago listening to Little Walter on the
radio, how cool is  that!?! As to the title question...we forward thinking city
liberals may need to  rethink our gender politics ;-)

> Trip

>> So wait a minute, Trip. Am I actually seeing a WOMAN's name in 2nd
place? How immensely cool, if so. What would you have done if she'd won...also
named her 'King' of Brooklyn?