Re: [Harp-L] Pedal for clean tone through tube amp?

interesting. someone with a decent tube amp sound wanting effects to make it sound clean. Do you live in the opposite world? :)

Winslow's advice is very good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 15, 2012 10:45 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Pedal for clean tone through tube amp?

Too add oomph while taking away brightness (highs) you may want to experiment
with some combination of:

--Compression (to give more perceived volume - and fullness, especially with a
multi-band compressor)

--EQ (to roll off the highs and especially notch out that area around 8000 Hz)

--Exciter (to add smoothness and sparkle), such as Sonic Maximzer

A multi-effects device may be able to offer all these enhancements in a single
box.

As Hawkeye notes, you'll need a clean sounding mic.

Winslow

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation