Re: [Harp-L] solder on steel reeds

Waiting with bated breath!
------Original Message------
From: fjm
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: Harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] solder on steel reeds
Sent: May 10, 2012 7:09 AM

By steel you really mean stainless steel, correct?  Normal solder and
fluxes do not work well with stainless.  I've used a product that I
think was called MG-20.  It is a silver bearing low temperature food
grade solder specifically designed for stainless applications.  It's
also very high strength.  It comes with an acid flux.  I bought it at
Prax Air and they have outlets in the Phoenix area so you will be able
to find it.  I'll try to remember to look for the solder later today to
make sure I have the name right.  It's expensive but it really works
well on stainless.  fjm