Re: [Harp-L] cleaning silver solder from files

Removing solder / shaping the added solder on a reed tip...I do this in two
steps.  First, I use a disposable 1" sanding disc on my dremel flex shaft
to check slot side and end tolerances and to bring the reed within 20 cents
flat.   Second, I use a round burr to bring the reed into pitch.  In these
cases, my Dremel is set to a slow RPM, and I work with the reed mounted to
a "test plate" (which is simply a piece of an old reed plate).

George
--
George Miklas, Harmonica Performing Artist and
Entertainer<http://harmonicagallery.com/>