 From: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:32 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] First Jam congratulations

Webcam student Tony got up on stage at his first jam recently, and sent me
his video performance. He deserves real credit for his preparation!

Here's what he did right:

   1. played sparsely and carefully in the spaces around vocal lines
   2. played clear single notes throughout his solo 12 bars
   3. applied a recent lesson chart using holes 6 thru 9 in 2P! (Does
   anyone ever do that at their first jam?)

Well done, Tony!

Regarding #2 above, he could certainly have played chords and harmony, as
well. I just want to acknowledge that his notes showed a plan, a direction.
And he said it was exhilarating. (He used the word "fun" I think, but I
knew what he meant)

So, we can welcome another blues harp jam addict to the family. He's hooked.

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012

Spiral Advocate

Learn Harmonica by Webcam