Re: [Harp-L] Long Train Runnin' song key

Although I agree that standing there waiting for the solo is
unnecessary in a live situation, I believe the producers of that song
(and possibly Don Brooks, harp player) teach us a great lesson.  We
all know the harp solo is coming and we know it is great.  It creates
a tension-release situation that is very effective.  Some of my
favorite songs I have ever played or recorded have a solo only.  I
think it is in great taste.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com