Re: [Harp-L] Long Train Runnin' song key

I've played that song for quite some time and I've heard differing opinions but in any case at least as far as the most popular studio version it's in G (2nd position) or Dminor (3rd position) on a C harp (i've heard differing opinions and not strong enough yet in music theory to know the right answer, if there is one).

I'd lean toward D minor since it's primarily focused around the 4D, but pick up your C harp and go for it. If you google the song and 'harp' or 'harmonica' you might find some instruction that I put out there a long time ago about how to play the solo on the studio cut. They have a live DVD where the solo is much longer, dramatic, and bluesier (nothing really like the studio one). Don't just stand there waiting for the solo on that one, add some tasty fills (don't take them all, leave some for the other musicians), etc. Fun to play! Bill Hines