Re: [Harp-L] Best low E flat diatonic harmonica

I play a ton of low tuned harmonicas all the way down to LLF.  What do you
normally play for harmonicas?  Quite a few models go down that low.  I've
found the Thunderbirds to be absolutely perfect, but there are much cheaper
LEb options.  Special 20's come in that key, and if you like them in
general, you'd like them in low tunings.  Big Rivers in that key won't be
too bad either.  Seydel 1847 harps are great as well.

IME, I like the low keys to have as much cut as possible.  The SP20 an 1847
are a big warmer if only for the non-vented covers.  I usually just go with
a Marine Band 1896 Classic and take a few minutes to mod the cover to be
conical like a TBird.

I have 12 low tuned harps I gig with for one man band stuff.  I have mostly
Marine Bands, one SP20, and three 1847's.  I like them all.  I usually play
Marine Bands for standard keys.  You can't go wrong with any of the above.