Re: [Harp-L] Re: Joe Leone Black Market manifesto

One of my favorite harp/not harp convention moments was at what I believe was the last Buckeye. Remember the deer jerky gang, Dave? Sometimes just hanging out at these conventions does as much for your harp playing as a whole bunch of practice.
I may not make any more conventions because of health issues and other stuff, but the memories from the one I attended are just great.
My very first Buckeye, either 1998 or 1999, I met Rob Papparozzi, Chris Michalek, Jelly Roll Johnson, Joe Filisko, Richard Sleigh, Jimmy Gordon, Doug Tate, Bobbi G., the famous Buzz, and many more. Got to see Annie Raines and heard some great hallway playing.
I am still very much an intermediate player, but I still love it.
I have been posting occasionally with my IPad, but I think maybe those posts have not been going thru.
More harp content: Trying to figure out the best way to play Ashokan Farewell. Melody Maker? Any input would be appreciated.

Steve Webb in Minn.