Subject: [Harp-L] spah 2012

Hi Sam:

Yes: the Hotel is 1.5 miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International
Airport. SPAH (and the host club) always choose a Hotel at or close to a major
airport for convenience for those of us needing to fly in. But I remember
taking  a cab from the Sacramento Airport and it costing me a ridiculous
amount,  although the Hotel was 'technically' right next door and actually visible
from  the taxi stand. They have this odd way of figuring out the distance.
I could  have waited for the Hotel's Airport Bus but was simply too
exhausted and not  feeling well enough to deal with my luggage.

As to the Tuesday? SPAH used to officially begin on the Wednesday morning,
but due to what we called the 'Jason Ricci Harp Blow-offs' which were
referred  to as taking place the night before SPAH, a lot of us came in early.
Those who  didn't go would begin playing in groups and corners in the Hotel
while the SPAH  people set up (and worked hard at getting tings going). Most
often the Hotel  would kindly accommodate us early birds for the same charge.
Everyone else would  arrive on Wednesday.

Now it's officially from Tuesday on. If you come in halfway through  the
day you should still be able to easily get to the Blow-off if that's on your
schedule, but not miss out on anything of import. You can still register
Wednesday if you miss registering on Tuesday. I'd suggest catching a nap on
the plane -it'll be a late night since most of those who attend the Blow-Off
tend to come back and stay up for a while. :)

Elizabeth

"Message: 11