Re: [Harp-L] New URL to avoid legal problems

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM, David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

> This is why you never see me use the term "Blues Harp" generically. It's
> trademarked.
>
> On May 2, 2012, at 9:05, Richard Sleigh <rharp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had to change the URL for my link to info on my Lifetime Harmonica
> Combs.

I choose to say web call, or video chat, because there are 25 such
services, Skype being only one. I know in time, one may emerge as the
generic term, as did Kleenex, and even Zipper. But I'm not going to help by
referring to one brand name.

Regarding casual and accidental infringement, the companies have
to jump early, in case you become a real threat to their marketing
identity. (Not that we're ever going to out-widget the widget-makers) A
history of early contact strengthens their position if it ever goes to
court.

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012

Spiral Advocate