Re: [Harp-L] New URL to avoid legal problems

This stuff went on before the internet, too. Back in the late 1990s, I wrote in my award-winning newspaper column once about freezing small game in ziploc bags. A year later, I got a letter from a lady named Marylyn Blood at Johnson and Johnson, the letter was enclosed in a Ziploc bag. The letter informed me that I had violated their trademark and was to use terms like "plastic resealable bags" from now on, or else. They had to have people in a bunker someplace scouring thousands of actual newspapers to catch this- our paper didn't even have email then, let alone an Internet edition.

Obligatory harp content. This is why you never see me use the term "Blues Harp" generically. It's trademarked.

David
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Sent from my iPhone