Re: [Harp-L] stainless steel reeds - hi, lo

I find that to be true. I don't know what it is other than the slot sizes change at that key. And while I find the D easiest to bend and do other nuances with, and one can really control and hold notes, there seems to be a trade off. The Eb is then already slightly longer and will hold up well (because the weighted ends are slightly less), and the Db is slightly shorter and will hold up (because the reed is stronger and can handle the weighted tips). It's as if the WEIGHTED tips AT the D tuning are a wee bit too much for the reed lengths.

D is the only key that I have ever blown out on a regular basis.
smo-joe