Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:12:06 +1100
From: Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Subject: Book/CD teaching for BlueGrass
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I have a battered copy of Steve Kaufman's "Four Hour Bluegrass Workout"
from Homespun Tapes
http://www.homespuntapes.com/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?ProductID=1015775&A=SearchResult&SearchID=1573362&ObjectID=1015775&ObjectType=27
<
http://www.homespuntapes.com/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?ProductID=1015775&A=SearchResult&SearchID=1573362&ObjectID=1015775&ObjectType=27

I bought it around 15 years ago. He teaches the standard fiddle tune
repertoire, with slowed down and full speed versions. Knowing these
fiddle tunes, or just a handful of them will open the door to bluegrass.

As for learning these tunes on harmonica, I'll stick my neck out and say
that my site http://www.HarmonicaAcademy.com<http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/>
has
the most complete
lesson/tab package for learning bluegrass fiddle tunes for harmonica (as
I write this I see two large men in sunglasses coming to my doorstep, no
doubt to set me straight on this point...)

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com <http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/>
...everyone plays