From: Marc Molino <mmolino54@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 6:29 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] dream harmonica performances, songs, pairings, etc.

I thought it might be interesting to hear the members of this fine list chime in on their dream harmonica performances--who you'd like to see paired together on stage, who you'd like to be paired together with on stage, what songs you'd like to see performed by a certain artist, etc. Since we're dreaming, I see no reason why death, time, or distance should limit your answer (e.g., no reason, why I can't dream of seeing Sonny Terry and Madcat performing together, or Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jason Ricci trading licks).

Personally, I always hear songs that I think would sound great on the harmonica. I would love to hear a group like Svang or the Adler Trio play the background music from the Star Wars Cantina Band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCA04lFuu6M) or maybe hear Stevie Wonder and Toots playing "The Waters of March" (maybe with Bill Evans on piano; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3oNSFQVzNM). I really would've loved to see Chris Michalek go on tour with some big headliner (like Sting or Prince or... ?).

How 'bout you?

-Marc Molino